Combustion chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have registered my details with admin who have sent me confirmation that all are correct but cant find where to access this part of the forum (me being a technophobe and all that :cry: ).all help appreciated.

peter

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Here is the real answer!

You will not see it until you have either logged in!

OR

Go to reply to a topic and doing that will automatically log you in, cancel the reply and the CC will now appear ing the list !!!

That assumes you are calling from your registered home computer though!

Tony

I did not know home computers had to be registered.

They are not "registered" as such but contain the identifying cookie with wich the forum identifies them and automatically logs in but ONLY when you mak a reply to a posting.

The list at the top then says [ Logout dp ]

The site also logs your IP address so that you can be banned if you are repeatably naughty.

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DP wrote:

They are not "registered" as such but contain the identifying cookie with wich the forum identifies them and automatically logs in but ONLY when you mak a reply to a posting.

The list at the top then says [ Logout dp ]

The site also logs your IP address so that you can be banned if you are repeatably naughty.

Tony
???

Log in from ANY computer and provided your log in credentials are correct a session cookie is stored which expires when you close down browser/log off but you have access to site from THAT computer. Cookie is stored if you select 'remember me'.

Although computers are not registered, the IP address you use can be recorded, so admin know who is logging on under different names but is the same person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back