commercial district heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can recommend a good book that discribes the correct method of installing commercial district heating pipework in properties.

Steel pipeworking is being fitted in loft areas and down the side of a gable end wall and being run in 35mm steel pipe.

Dose anyone know how far apart the support brackets should be fitted from each other on the pipework, what is the distance from pipe connections, should the pipework have sleaving through walls, and should rubber insulation be fitted on supports to prevent creaking of the pipework due to expansion and contraction. Should pipework in lofts be insulated.

Any further advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Quite an obscure set of questions for this forum? :D

I would do clips on 35 (1.25") steel at about 1.8m centres or in a loft, wherever the joists/trusses landed close to that. Insulated in a loft for sure.
Rubber lined clips will help with thermal and sound insulation.

Ok, so I'm a nosey git. What's the job?

Yeah got me intrigued as well.

Are they/you fitting heat meters in every property or just letting it run.

Quite an obscure set of questions for this forum? :D

I would do clips on 35 (1.25") steel at about 1.8m centres or in a loft, wherever the joists/trusses landed close to that. Insulated in a loft for sure.
Rubber lined clips will help with thermal and sound insulation.

Ok, so I'm a nosey git. What's the job?

Thanks mate, its a repipe to replace some rusty pipe that a guy is doing for me, I just wanted some info to get a rough idea of what the finished pipe-work should look like. I dont want all the hassle of trying to get them back if its not fitted right.

Sponsored Links
I'd have gone 25 even though that's effectively like 35-40mm of crap stuff.

If have thought 35mm copper an pressfit would be better internal than runs of iron, certainly quicker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back