Commissioning Cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

It's me again, here to pick your brains.

I'm having a new boiler in the next couple of weeks. Maybe a Viessmann, Rehema or Main. My current boiler is in my kitchen but my new one will be in my downstairs loo.
The fella that has just been has given me a price and I think it's a fair one but I just want to make sure. Firstly he is going to call and cap off the supply to my current boiler for £20. A week or so later he will return and do the boiler. When he arrives, all the pipe work from the kitchen to the downstairs loo will be done and will finish close to where the new boiler will be. The gas supply for the new boiler is in the ex coal shed next to the loo so I will have the hole drilled for him. I will also drill the hole for the condensate pipe and I will fit a 3 amp fused spur for him. I will be buying all the pipes to get the boiler into the loo and I will be fitting them. The only thing I'm not going to touch is the gas and the actual piping up of the boiler. He will arrive and fit the boiler and do whatever is involved in that, I don't know what that is but he said he will run water through until it's clean. Not powerflush but just running water through the system.

So the question is ............ "How much should I be paying him?"

Thanks in advance

Peadee

Sponsored Links
£400 at a guess! thats what i would charge you! He's not "just" commissioning it as you say! there's a bit more involved! £400 = manchester prices £500=London both fair enough i feel!

Sponsored Links
You've managed to reach an arrangement that most reputable installers would refuse. Therefore, whilst you're ahead, you may as well offer as low a sum as you think you'll get away with.

why ask here

are you not happy with him

if not get someone else

I reckon he should pay you at least 20 for the job

(that IS want you want to hear isnt it?)

Well well well, you do seem to be a rather jaded bunch. I was only asking what was a fair price for the job, cos I don't want ripping off. Xmas is around the corner! If you read my post you will see that I stated that he had given me a price but I purposely didn't say what that price was cos I was hoping that the replies would give a price that was similar. I am not after getting the job on the cheap but I also don't want a cheap job for big money. As I said I had got a price that I thought was fair but I was just checking. Measure twice cut once!! The price I got was £350. Confirmed by your good selves, so I'm going with it. Thanks for all the replies, they were helpful even if they were not meant to be

Cheers

Peadee

PS Corgiman, I wonder why you have so many "thanks"!!!

Which I have done extensively. With great results and not much insult either. I was just finishing off the whole thing and making sure I wasn't getting ripped. I'd let Corgiman fight his own battles if I were you

There seemed to be a general assumption that I was trying to get the job done on the cheap, hence "20 quid, that's what you want to hear". Small minded, self indulgent egotism in my opinion. If my post had been properly read the replies would have all been helpful Im sure. If people feel the need to sit on here, and slag the folks that are looking for help and advice, it's probably cos they are a fly by night kind of character and, understandably, they don't have much work on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back