compression stop end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, completely new to this game. Just fitted a water supply for a dishwasher using french type push fit joint.  I have used a T so I can add a sink tap at al ater date and stopped the T with a brass stop end. I cant stop this joint from weeping and have used ptfe. I was thinking about wipeing a little silicone into the thread..would that work? Any tips gatefully received.

Sponsored Links
No.Take the joint apart. Put a couple of wraps of ptfe round the olive and retighten.

Did you use a French type insert or is it copper pipe.

Sensible plumbers use jointing compound.

I used a french push fit joint which is brass in body but with plastic female connectors. They are both fine its the brass joint that is the problem. I had to get a threaded reducer to 12 mm and then screwed a brass stop end onto this. There isnt an olive (There is a big puddle on the floor though!) and it weeps between the push fits brass and the reducer.Thanks for quick responses guysNeil

Sponsored Links
I couldnt as the T was a threaded connection. I'm not sure what is available in france and haven't seen push fit stop ends here yet. Anyway thanks again to the replies I received and just to let you know its fixed now. I just put a different stop end on and it worked fine so i must have damaged the other one somehow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back