Concealed cistern + dual flush help please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have bought and installed the compact concealed cistern from Victoria Plumb which comes with a 6l or 3l dual flush button push connected on a wire..

Just after some help setting it up...on the syphon in the cistern that the button connects to there is 2 things to set..one is marks in steps from 3 up to 6 (obviously something to do with the water capacity..but what?) and the other is a slider up and down with a + at one end and a - at the other..whats that for?

The push button doesnt appear to work correctly though i may be doing something wrong.. the full flush lifts the plunger and the whole 6 litres drains out, the half flush doesnt life the plunger at all enough to let any water out? Also shouldnt it spring back after being pushed to shut off the flush? At the minute it just seems to empty the whole cistern?

I am currently just trying to sort it over the sink, its not actually connected to a water supply if that makes a difference to any of the above, thanks for any help :confused:

Sponsored Links
The manufacturers instructions should give you all the help you need, I'm afraid it's extremely difficult to advise on this on the forum, especially with the information given, as there are many many different flush valves on the market, and they all work in a slightly different way. If you can get a make and model of the flush valve we might be able to assist you further.

Hi muggles thanks for looking,

There is no brand anywhere on it it, nor on the packaging it came in. It was purchased from victoria plumb online, its the only concealed cistern they sell so you may find it on there if you wish...

It also came with no instructions and iv rang them twice for instructions but they say they dont have any specifically for that cistern, only one for "something similar" which once emailed turns out to be for a normal low level cistern not with the same design as mine...

The push button is unmarked aswell..i have a feeling as it wa fairly cheap that its probably a poor foreign unbranded make..

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to agree that your problems are probably down to a poorly-designed flush unit. It's not terribly uncommon on cheap stuff to find that the dual flush doesn't work properly, some can be encouraged to work by fiddling with the settings endlessly, others just have to be left as they are, but it's often a case of just fiddling with it a bit I'm afraid. Failing that, get a better flush valve for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back