Concealled bracket / clip for T&G wall panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put T&G wood panelling up in a loft room. I am looking for T&G wall clips. I have seen pictures on the internet, but I am unable to find shops / retailers that do them. Any ideas?

I have got another question. We did the loft as part of an extension with thick insulation, heating and loft windows. The walls are plasterboarded. Can I nail the T&G panels straight through the plasterboard into the rafters or do I need to put timber / lath subconstruction on first?

Sponsored Links
Firstly, have you considered secret nailing by pinning/nailing throught the tongue? You can also go through the groove as well (see below). Alternatively Wickes used to do them, although I'm not sure if they still do, although a number of timber yards I've dealt with still stock them because they sell T&G cladding. The main UK distributor for the stuff I've used in recent times (Silverwood) is Proctor's - you may want to ring them and ask who they distribute through in your area. Other makes include Simpson's Strong Tie (American but distributed in the UK through trade outlets)

Make sure that you allow for air flow up the back:

This example shows vertical cladding, but horizontal planking would be similar (only turned through 90 degrees)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back