Concerns about heatline vizo 24 manual boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

Anyone familiar with these boilers?

Just moved into a new property put the heating on and it all seems to be working however some lights are displaying on the face on the boiler.

They aren't flashing so I do not know if this is a fault or not.

The following lights have stayed on for 10+ mins after the heating or hot water has been used.

We have red light on the boiler on/off
Red light on CH sensor
Red light on DHW sensor
Red light on outdoor sensor
Red light on bar

Please advise as very worried due to issues with previous landlord on previous boiler

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Dont worry your boiler is fine it is just telling you what temp the primary water is at, they will flash if indicating a fault code

i noticed that when i run a bath the water doesnt get as hot as the kitchen tap or the bathroom sink. i asked my landlord about this and he said that with this combi boiler and all combi boilers this size its better to not open the tap fully and take a little while longer to fill the bath.

is this true?

hello

Anyone familiar with these boilers?

I would hope that those of us who repair boilers are familiar with that model!

Its a cheap to buy boiler very popular with budget minded landlords!

Oddly perhaps but they usually have a Vaillant at their own home!

Tony

lol well thats landlords for you!

please see my previous question i would really like some support on it.
I think the LL is saying the water needs to heat up faster than we are emptying it (the boiler), so don't run the taps too fast.

another question, what does the "e" mean on the radiator temperature dial?

thank you

It is the highest temperature at which the boler is reasonably efficient.

Here is the manual
Follow the pipe down from the yellow [gas] valve. You see where it reduces from 22mm to 15mm about 4" below the elbow? How far does this 15mm pipe continue ?
If it's more than a metre then it could be part of the story why you seem to be having problems with the hot water.
I'm not discrediting what you have been told about slowing down the flow because that is quite often the case where the flow rate is beyond the capacity of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back