concrete blocks

Reaction score
Country
France
i am building a new shed and will be using cellular concrete blocks and would like to know, do you put the holes down as in a brick frog or do you put them upright with the holes showing.

Sponsored Links
Do the holes not go right through the blocks? The ones I'm thinking of you go up three or four coarses then fill them with concrete to reinforce them.

Cellular blocks and bricks should normally be laid frog down. They are normally used in partition walls etc to keep the weight down.

Do the holes not go right through the blocks? The ones I'm thinking of you go up three or four coarses then fill them with concrete to reinforce them.
Them's hollow blocks. Cellular blocks are closed on one bed and laid void down as stuart said.

Sponsored Links
i like that one Pred, you need about 6 to make a decent butty to go with chips ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back