Concrete...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to make a hard standing for a car.

I have dug down 12 inches.
Is that deep enough for the weight of a car?
How many inches for the hardcore?
How many inches for the concrete?

I have a cement mixer and have done shed bases before but never something like this.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
get yourself a quote for ready mix, you might be surprised how competitive it is compared to buying ballast & cement from your local wickes. you won't be surprised how hassle free it is though.

i use a mobile mix on site & a bulk premix service depending on what i'm doing, access etc.

only trouble with premix is you need to be well prepared, have help on site, ready and equipped (wellies, strong frame, tamping bean, shovels etc)

I agree studips, can be less hassle getting ready mix, one pour and the jobs done, no varriation in mixes neither and the pour is curing at the same rate.
So could well be worth enquiring on prices.

Good idea about pre mix, but unfortunately I have bags of cement and sharp sand from a recent extension that I need to get rid of/use.

Maybe a completely stupid question for a car hardstanding but do I need to lay a damp proof?

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back