Condensate drain to flat roof - right or wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a worcester condensing boiler fitted a couple of months ago. It was moved to a new location in the bathroom and the recent cold weather showed that it drains via a copper pipe onto the flat roof of the kitchen (which sticks out below the bathroom).

This doesn't seem right to me - acidic condensate on a flat roof. Can somebody point me to the section of the regs that says that this is wrong so I have something to go back to the installers with? I don't want them to say "it's normal sir".

Thanks,

Goose

Sponsored Links
you sure its the condensate pipe and not the "blow off pipe". As for the regs you ll find info in your manufactures handbook for the boiler, you ll also find out it should be run in plastic, to a soil waste drain etc etc

Sponsored Links
But water comes out of it every time the boiler runs. It's got over 2 bar of pressure - could that be the cause of the overflow? If so, should I leave it to get down to 1 bar in the hope it all sorts itself out?

Nothing wrong in terminating onto a flat roof is the area is sufficient to dilute the condense and it runs into plastic guttering

Nonsense it must run in a pipe all the way to a suitable drain or termination point and a flat roof is not a drain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back