Condensate Drainage Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to call back the people that fitted my boiler. As a lay person & female I pointed out after googling what I believed was wrong with the condensate pipe. I was told time & time again it was ok. I have uploaded a picture of it & would be grateful if anyone could tell me what they think. For a start it won't allow water to drain as it's slanted & the outpipe is anti gravitational. I am bewildered.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would fetch the installer back and tell them when they can give you a demonstration of how to get water to run uphill, then you will gladly accept the quality of their workmanship. Otherwise they will have to accept water is subject to the laws of gravity and requires a downward path for it to drain away adequately.

Have you paid their bill?

You could ask for a gas safe inspection if they dont play ball, hopefully the builder will be struck off the register for using ferrollis!

Sponsored Links
Did you not think to Google the name Ferolli?

If it's going outside that pipe should be 32mm minimum through the wall, insist on it to punish the installer for choosing Ferolli.

also ask them at which stage in their apprenticeship did they bunk off and miss one of the two main laws in plumbing.

1. water flows downhill
2 **** stinks

ask them a multiple choice question and see if they can guess which one applies. If they get it wrong they might not be able to rectify what they did wrong!

to give them a fighting chance i suggest you only give them the two options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back