condensation in a double glazed panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have upvc framed double glazing throughout my old terraced house, which in the main works well, but a couple of the panels here and there are permanently slightly wet inside - there's moisture streaking down the panel inside. I guess I could simply buy new panels if I carefully measure them up so I can order replacements, but I wonder is it is possible to remove them and take them apart, clean and dry them and put them back... any advice?

Sponsored Links
there are firms online that drill holes in the glass, put some fancy liquid in, drain and then patch - can't image it is cheap though. think taking pane out, measuring and getting a new one is the simplest option. let us know the price if you do - I have the same :cry:

The repairs are a bodge, I would stay clear.

Replacement is the way to go. Double glazed units are actually surprisingly cheap if you can get them straight from a factory and your fitting them yourself.

If your happy to take them out to measure go for it, Just make sure you check the thickness of each unit as they come in many different sizes and theres always the possibility that some of your windows were done in stages with different specs.

When ordering for the extra £5-10 per unit its probably worth upgrading them to modern specs, Ask for warm edge spacers, Low E glass and argon filled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back