Condensation in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Wonder if any of you roofing gurus can advise here.

Moved into a bungalow during this summer which was built in 1981 and the roof has plaster board sarking with felt and roof tiles. During this recent frosty weather I have noticed a musty smell in loft, the plaster board sarking seems damp to touch in some areas which feels like condensation. the loft has 2 air bricks (one on either end of gable wall at height of 5 feet). There is no water storage tanks in loft only the flue for the combi boiler rises through the loft to the roof above. There is no ventilation grills in the soffits or roof tile ventilators.

Is the condensation due to lack of ventilation or is it likely to be some other reason? I would appreciate any comments/advice.

PS the bungalow is located in SW Scotland, if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Another minute of my life wasted, 9000 odd posts! have u got nothing better to do freddie!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back