Conduit for new gas supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I need for form a conduit now through which will run a new gas supply.

The new supply will probably be something like 32 mm Outside Diameter, 27.6 mm Inside Diameter in YELLOW MDPE (PE80) GAS PIPE. I am building a new wall and stair case at the moment ( in concrete) and need to provide a conduit for this gas supply ( pipe within a pipe aka new regs ). It will NOT be a straight line ! probably need 2 x 45 degree bends ( possibly 30 )

BTW - I've picked this size as it's closest to the existing metal supply pipe.

Any ideas what I should be using? I've been looking at 4inch soil pipe fittings but I'm totally clueless on this.

Thanks again

wert

Sponsored Links
excuse the bad english/typo in the previous posts.

Should read something like

I need TO form a conduit .....

Any ideas. Need to get this done over the weekend.

Why not ask the installer or transco??

What is the gas supply for and what is it coming from and connecting to?

Why not ask the installer or transco??

What is the gas supply for and what is it coming from and connecting to?

Don't have an installer yet as haven't contacted anyone. Purpose of this question is to ask what to use to form a conduit through a concrete wall before the concrete is poured next week. I suppose you could simply ignore that it's a gas supply, simply a 32mm pipe.

Gas supply is coming from the main in the road and connecting to the meter. Pipe is currently metal.

Sponsored Links
Not sure you should be touching this. If existing supply you are in breach of regs and if fitting for a new supply you need to follow regs ie depth, materials, protection.....

Not for amateurs so can't help you. sorry

Not sure you should be touching this. If existing supply you are in breach of regs and if fitting for a new supply you need to follow regs ie depth, materials, protection.....

Not for amateurs so can't help you. sorry

Touching what ? Concrete wall ? 100mm former pipe for opening ?

Do you understand I am not touching the supply. Simply forming a hole in a wall.

From the HSE - A gas service pipe should normally be laid with a minimum depth of cover of 375 mm in private ground and 450 mm in footpaths and highways. - no problem - can do this.

As for materials, protection. Not yet relevant as new supply pipe not yet installed.

No problem if you can't help. No need to comment again is there ?

You could always leave as is and then when you contact transco/approved gas contractor they can run it all surface and across windows and around the outside of your property :)

What I believe the OP is getting at, is he wants to provide the route so when the above contracted person comes to site as neat a job as possible is done with no surface work, drilling of newly built external steps etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back