Connecting 40mm waste to toilet connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To save digging a 15m trench, I need to connect the waste from washing machine and basin into the pan connector for the toilet (ground floor and solid floor). I know pan connectors with an integral waste connector exist but this would reverse the fall or need stilts for the washing machine. I've seen solvent weld connectors for external soil pipes but not sure these would work on pan connectors.

Also, I will need to vent the waste to prevent the toilet flush emptying hte sink and washing machine traps. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Pan connectors wont accept a solvent weld joint, wrong type of plastic! Only solution would be to incorporate a boss into the drain before the pan connector joint. May involve digging the floor up, but it could be the only option. Ventilation shouldnt be an issue.

Another option is a Sanivite. http://www.saniflo.co.uk/sanivite.aspx (Or a lot of digging!)

Shouldn't the invert on your washing machine be higher than the inlet into the WC? Or have I missed something.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Clairehead, You're right, the machine invert is higher but it is some metres away and I'm trying to minimize new holes in walls, etc.

I like the short boss pipe solution but at the moment the pan connector disappears through a tiled floor which I'm going to have to dig up to find out how far it goes and what it goes into. It's a good job I've got some spare tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back