Connecting a printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , can i connect a printer to my laptop without the install discs that normally come with them , its just that i want to borrow a friends rather than buy one at the moment . On that subject anyone know of any good deals on printers at the moment ( fairly basic one ) thanks mark

Sponsored Links
Most of the time you can just download the drivers from the maker site, however some of the all in ones don't have drivers that are easily available, but there are workarounds.

By way of an example I have a wifi HP 4520 AIO, when I was on xp I refused to install the crappy HP software but could not get the drivers anywhere so as a cheat I pretended that it was an really old hp deskjet 990c and it worked fine.

I am now on windows 7 and told it to look for printers, it found the wifi printer and installed its own drivers.

When it's connected it will download the required drivers, no need for the blurb that the install disk installs.

I think mainly all cartridge printers are useless, get a colour laser printer. The ink costs more than the printer on cartridge printers.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your help , mickymoody i was lead to believe that the ink was very expensive for laser printers , i shall look into it as laser printers are better i guess .. mark

Back