Connecting an Indesit Gas Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post on here after lurking for a very long time picking up some excellent tips along the way - so many thanks for that!

I will be shortly replacing my kitchen and i have just bought a new integral electric oven/gas hob from Indesit. Until i manage to screw B&Q down on the price of kitchen units i will be replacing the oven only since the existing one has broken. Not a problem here, since there is a connection box under the unit top which links to a fused isolation switch above the counter top.

When i manage to install the new kitchen, the gas hob will be replaced. Electricals not a problem, same as above but i want to be sure about the gas part. From observations, there appears to be a flexible pipe from teh existing hob, connecting to a brass couplet/thread. Is it ok for me to remove and install in this circumstance, or do i have to get a CORGI fitter in?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any work to do with Gas MUST be carried out by somebody that is deemed competant to do so, and that person must be registered with a body or organisation that is deemed competant to extract hundreds of pounds from that person on a yearly basis. So as the only organisation capable of extorting that amount of money from installers is the beloved CORGI that means my friend that you have to have a CORGI registered operaive to carry out this work.
Sorry.!!

Sponsored Links
Just buy the wife a new microwave and a toaster, then as she is wiring the plug on the end get the fast train to Heathrow and head for the sun.. You'll be at 33,000ft by the time she realises.
Problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back