Connecting an Induction hob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I did check on Hotpoint web site not a guess

Thanks all. ericmark, wouldn't worry too much about that steve character. Mocking me for asking the question and doubting the knowledge of yourself and the manufacturers of the hob. But isn't that what these forums are for.....for people such as myself who only know the basic of electrics and want to ask the experts before doing something potentially dangerous.

The socket I was referring to (although not mentioned in my original post) is the one fed from cookers dedicated circuit. There is the usual cokker isolator switch in the kitchen which feeds a double socket (currently used for the electric oven and gas hob). What rating are cooker circuits usually rated at?

The consumer unit is currently in the downstairs cloakroom. So would a new circuit have to be installed from the CU to a new socket in the kitchen? Guessing there would be some cosmetic wall damage to route the cable.

If you already have a cooker isolator in your kitchen, then chances are you will have a cooker circuit installed.

You say this supplies a twin socket. Is this socket switched on and off by cooker isolator?

Do you use this twin socket?

If this is the case then you maybe able to convert the twin socket back into a cooker connection point.

Cooker circuits are normally rated to 30A or 32A, but you would need to have the cable size and installation method verified first.

If you already have a cooker isolator in your kitchen, then chances are you will have a cooker circuit installed.

You say this supplies a twin socket. Is this socket switched on and off by cooker isolator?

Yes

Do you use this twin socket?

Yes. Currently the electric oven (Zanussi ZBF 860X) is plugged into it and also the existing gas hob.

Can ovens be fed from the ring main? Oven is a Zanussi ZBF860X.
Could I take a spur from the ring to a FCU, then run the oven from this. Then run the hob from the dedicated cooker circuit

If this is your over then according to the technical data the total output is 2.15kW. In this case you could simply plug the oven into a standard socket on your rfc.
garrymum said:
The socket I was referring to (although not mentioned in my original post) is the one fed from cookers dedicated circuit.
What is the cable csa and MCB rating for this circuit? As mentioned you may be able to remove the socket and use this circuit for the induction hob if it is adequately sized.

Remember you will need to notify to your LABC as it is work in a kitchen.

that steve character. Mocking me for asking the question and doubting the knowledge of yourself and the manufacturers of the hob.
When did I do that?

All I did was point out that I found something you typed slightly comical. I was in a funny mood at the time. I apologise if I offended you at all, and respect that you dont know everything. We all start somewhere.

And I see what you mean now - the 28 amps thing. I wasn't doubting the info posted by eric or Hotpoint. I was pointing out that most induction hobs are rated more than this.

I'm assuming the hob will be fitted in your kitchen...

Won't Part P rear its ugly head??

Nick

Garry has never said that he would be installing it himself, unless it was a model which plugged straight in.

No doubt he will be contacting a local electrician now he has established what is required.

Can ovens be fed from the ring main? Oven is a Zanussi ZBF860X.
Could I take a spur from the ring to a FCU, then run the oven from this. Then run the hob from the dedicated cooker circuit

No mention of an electrician there.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back