connecting free standing cooker to to existing circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting rid of a free standing 4 ring electric hob+single oven/ grill and replacing it with a free standing 4 ring ceramic/ halogen hob and double oven/grill.

There is an existing circuit - as you decribe above - though with the fused switch placed behind the cooker!

However, that aside - can I disconnect the old cooker from the terminal outlet box and reconnect the new one without having to call out an electrician?

If yes, then what other precautions (other than turning off the power at the consumer box), if any, should I take when doing this?

thanks
C

Sponsored Links
look on both old and new cookers, there will be a plate telling you the power and/or current requirements (figures in Watts (W), Kilowatts(KW) or Amps (A)).

Post the results here.

Does your cooker connection unit have a socket on it? or is it just a switch? In your fusebox, what rating is the fuse or breaker that protects the cooker (in Amps)

thanks, will have to check the old one. I won't be there until this weekend.

New one not delivered yet - but it's a Belling 665 - brand new.

Will be back next week with more info...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back