connecting mains to a megaflow system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing a new megaflow system, should outside mains be connected directly through the megaflow system in to the rest of the house? My current system is via cold water tank in loft (i think called gravity fed) and my mains are connected via kitchen. New system plumber is suggesting to connect mains direct to megaflow first, does that make sense? Any isues with that? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, Yes. Providing your property enjoys both good mains pressure and volume, the main supply is connected to the system, which allows other plumbing items, cistern and cylinder to be removed.

Great, thanks for the help, and no issues with drinking the water that runs through that system? I just ask as my existing system has the mains direct to the kitchen sink.

Sponsored Links
Hi. The water bye laws requiredproperty in the metropolitan area to have water stored in a cistern and all cold supplies to appliances to be feed by gravity from the cistern. Only the kitchen sink was allowed to be feed direct from main supply, for dietetic reasons among others. However resent changes to new water regulations allow this type of installation. Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back