Connecting to 3" Saltglaze Adaptor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Morning, as with most posts, Help Please!
Investigating as to why a guttering downpipe was overflowing, I've found that the gully socket end was broken and roots had found their way into the 3" saltglaze pipe that led to the soakaway. The roots have been cleared and the 3" pipe rodded and cleared to the soakaway. problem now, is how do I connect to the socket end of the 3" saltglaze, such that I can get a current 4" 110 gulley or bend on to take the downpipe?
Any suggestions as to an adaptor, before I grind the socket end off and use a flexible coupling! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Hunter plastics used to do a transition adaptor that would probably work but do you have thick or thin wall salt glaze? Perhaps call them if they still exist.

You'd probably be better off cutting off the remains of the salt glaze hub, and using a no-hub to reach the 110mm(?) RWP.

Check internal diameter, if a McAlpine DC-1 will fit then that'll take you straight to 110mm plastic. If not then you'll be looking at cutting the collar off and using something from the Flexseal range to make a joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back