connecting toilet waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm moving a toilet away off an external wall and onto an internal wall, and have discovered I can't put the waste pipe under the floorboards as there is a joist in the way.

As I'm not moving it far, the run isn't long so I have plenty of space to run the waste pipe along at approx floor level and box it in. (Obviously I'll go up a bit at the toilet end to give a fall). However I'm not sure if it is best to cut the 90 degree coupler short and put it vertically into a 92.5 degree bend, or fit the coupler almost horizontally (it will be between 3 and 4-o'clock looking from the front) which will run it straight into the waste pipe.

Both seem like they would work to me - have I missed anything, or would one be better than the other?

Just to be clear, the toilet has a horizontal outlet, and the coupler is like the one in the link below.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/15330/Plumbing/Macerators-Connectors/FloPlast-90-Connector-SP103

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back