Connection DT92E thermostat to Potterton Performa boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have some help connecting DT92E wireless thermostat to my existing Potterton Performa boiler. The boiler has integral clock fitted.

The thermostat has N,L,L & A,B,C connection while Boiler has L,N,E,T1,T2 connection. I have connected T1 to A and T2 to B.

I understood that I need to disconnect line from Boiler L and connect it to first L of thermostat and then connect second L of thermostat to Boiler L. Also connect Neutal to both Ns and leave earth connected to E of Boiler.

Is this correct?

Or buy four core cable and connect T1 to A, T2 to B, L to first L and N to N.

Thanks, Shelvin[/img]

Sponsored Links
You have gone about it a very long-winded way.

The easiest way is to leave the mains connected to the boiler, then run a three core cable to the DT92E receiver.

Connect as follows:
Boiler L to Receiver L
Boiler N to Receiver N
Boiler T2 to Receiver B
Link Receiver L to Receiver A

Thanks for your suggestion. I will have a go tomorrow with this. It does make sense but confused with the boiler diagram given in the boiler manual.

One more question: The boiler diagram has said that the frost thermostat won't work as it shown and DT92E has frost thermostat functionality as well so I guess your way should enable that function as well. Not sure why do I need to use frost thermostat function if we keep boiler on time control while away.

Also I need to remove connection between T1 and T2 as well.

Shelvin

Thanks for your suggestion. I will have a go tomorrow with this. It does make sense but confused with the boiler diagram given in the boiler manual.
Just ignore the boiler manual. It was written before digital/wireless stats etc
were available.

One more question: The boiler diagram has said that the frost thermostat won't work as it shown and DT92E has frost thermostat functionality as well so I guess your way should enable that function as well. Not sure why do I need to use frost thermostat function if we keep boiler on time control while away.
Yes the DT92E frost function will work. If you are leaving the boiler on timed control (presumably with a low temperature) that will be OK as well. The frost function comes into play if the heating is turned Off and the room drops below the set temperature (about 5C, but user settable)

Also I need to remove connection between T1 and T2 as well.
Yes. I should have made that clear.

Sponsored Links
The thermostat is now working. I have made slight change to connection.

Boiler T1 to Thermostat L.

If I connect Boiler L to Thermostat L then it will by pass all internal boiler switching between Boiler L and Boiler T1. That means, the switch on boiler to set off, water only and water & central heating doesn't have any effect. Also Timer switch won't have any effect. After connecting T1 to L, it worked as expected.

Thanks for you help.

I must have been thinking that you had a programmable thermostat.

The only problem with the way you have wired it is that the relay box does not have a permanent supply to the L and N terminals. It only gets it when the timer goes ON. This is not recommended as the two units have to remake communication each time the relay turns on.

The better way to connect is:

Boiler L to Relay L
Boiler N to relay N
Boiler T1 to relay A
Boiler T2 to Relay B

The link between L and A is not required and should be removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back