Conservatory flashing against UPVC cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

So I'm going to be building an edwardian style conservatory at the back of the house.

here's a picture of the rear

apologies for the trampoline being in the way but you can see the house none the less.

it's a bit of a pain cause I have to take the window out, brick up a bit of the hole to give enough brickwork on the left to attach the conservatory wall and put a new window in.

the problem is how to I do the flashing against the UPVC cladding

I'm happy to butcher any of the cladding as required.

the cladding is set back from the brickwork by about 10mm

(sorry couldn't rotate the image so you need to tilt your head)

Behind the cladding is wooden battens, then the original render, then the blockwork of the house inner skin.

I'm thinking maybe remove the cladding and battens, grind into the render & blockwork behind and slip the lead into the channel. then redo the cladding up to the roof (covering the flashing). The lead will be covering a gap to the roof (surface of render to conservatory frame) of about 40mm - is this a problem?

should I take the render off too around the flashing and just grind into the blockwork or should the render be OK (assuming it is sound)

Any thoughts or other better solutions?

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back