conservatory footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys.

im in the process of building a conservatory and as i dug out for the footings i came across 2 100mm plastic drains,1 is deffo rwp,the other is probably same as it joints right under where i want to lay the foundations.
now as the pipe from the rwp gulley in only 400mm below groung level and i want to put .5m of concrete down as an adequate depth.
1..can i encase the pipe in concrete or do i have to build under and around it so as to not put any pressure on it..?
2..re-route the pipe to meet the other away from where i want to concrete?
now the other pipe is 3m from the house wall and 600mm depth,again right under where i want to lay the foundations,can i put 100mm of shingle over the pipe and carry on concreting over it?
i have looked at part H regs which say leave around 50mm gap around the pipe if its plastic..

any advice would be appreciated guys. :D

Sponsored Links
Personally,would reroute the pipe if practical.
If not,for either pipe I would build a bridge over the pipe - put shuttering either side of pipe,and put footings up to that point (100mm either side ?)
Then put a lintel or similar over the pipe,and carry on building - what you are trying to achieve is leaving the pipe accesible or removable if ever required (you don't want to take up your building to replace a pipe :( )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back