Conservatory guttering repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello friendly folks

Summer's here and it's time to repair the conservatory guttering that the snow ripped down earlier in the year.

I still have the guttering channel, but several clips are broken, also some clips are broken on one of the channels that's still up.

I haven't been able to find these clips, I have some pictures of what I need, can anyone suggest where I can get these.

Also, this is my first outdoor DIY job on my house, which we bought new, so any other tips on conservatory gutter repair would be fantastic.

Thanks people!

Gary

Sponsored Links
I'll have a stab in the dark it's a Floplast bracket. Search the forum for conservatory gutter brackets. There are some links somewhere to places that sell them.

Does the group think this looks likely:

OG/K/2/*
Top Hung Fascia Bracket
White, Black, Brown and Caramel

From here:

http://www.plaslyne.co.uk/pages/kayflow_ogee.htm

ogee-tophung-fascia-bracket.gif

Sponsored Links
Apparently, according to the folks at Truly Conservatory Repairs, the brackets are made by Quantal, and are obsolete/no longer manufactured. Quantal are not responding to my inquiries.

What next? Whole new roof?

Apparently, according to the folks at Truly Conservatory Repairs, the brackets are made by Quantal, and are obsolete/no longer manufactured. Quantal are not responding to my inquiries.

What next? Whole new roof?

I think I'm nearly at the end of this saga. Quantal responded via telephone, I think their contact page on the website is broken. I showed them the pictures and they confirmed they were Quantal brackets of a current design, and gave me the details of a local supplier.

Turns out that supplier (Paramount) is just down the road from where I work. 10 minutes walk.

Think I've nearly reached the end - just need to convince Paramount to sell me some of those there brackets :)

Hi harping on, I require exactly the same gutter clips. Quantal referred me to Eurocell. They kindly gave me this forum but referred me back to Quantal who have said they no longer make this clip. Now at a loss. Can you help?

Hi harping on, I require exactly the same gutter clips. Quantal referred me to Eurocell. They kindly gave me this forum but referred me back to Quantal who have said they no longer make this clip. Now at a loss. Can you help?

I might have some of the clips left, depends on (A) if I can find them and (B) how many you wanted, if (A) is satisfied.

Also, it's possible the local supplier still has some, you could try them.

I got them from Paramount :

Paramount Windows. Unit 2 Octavian Way, Team Valley Trading Estate, Gateshead, Tyne And Wear, NE11 0HZ. Tel: 0191 4916350.

To Harping on, thanks for the offer but have recontacted Quantal who now say they can supply so hopefully problem solved

Good news!

It does worry me what actually happens if these things go out of stock or unavailable.

Seems to me it's a heck of a job if you can't get them any more.

I've been more fastidious with my conservatory guttering since I last needed them, but there's always the chance more will break if we get more heavy snow and ice.

Hi everybody, I am a newbie on here but have been searching all day for these brackets for my sisters conservatory without any luck!
I even tried all the local suppliers and conservatory firm to no avail, and been online for the rest of the day searching, this is the only mention of them on the net that I can find. The conservatory was fitted by John Williams windows in Colwyn Bay which also no longer trades!
Does anyone know where I can get some please.
I think Quantal closed at the end of 2013.
Any help would be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back