Conservatory roof cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,

After a bit of help / advice.

We have an old conservatory that leaks when it's heavy rain from a certain direction. Nothing major.
I can't afford to replace the roof and need to do a temporary fix which will last a few years until we can get an extension built. I've been up there with flashing tape and also roof sealant but it's not worked.

My idea is to add either a tarpaulin or roof cover, rubber roof epdm or similar.

Can I add this straight over the current polycarbonate and roof struts?
Only other idea is to build a wooden frame over the conservatory roof and epdm this?

I'll be insulating inside with super quilt and upvc cladding to make it warmer but need to sort the outside before I can start this.

Any other suggestions welcome thanks. Again temporary fix just to keep the rain out, cheers.

Sponsored Links
What is the roof currently made of and how is it held to the conservatory?

You may well find that new capping on the existing roof is good enough. Although that won't add any insulation

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I've managed to upload a similar photo. THats not mine but it's identical. Polycarbonate for roof panels.
image.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back