Conservatory roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've an existing conservatory which I'm extending, the company that supplied it would rather sell me a new roof so I'm thinking of moving the existing poly three sided roof forward and constructing a tiled roof behind.

My questions are, can I use 4x2, the span is 3,300mm, my wife doesn't want to loose the headroom so can I fit the horizontal doofers half way up, on one side I'll have a wallplate on top off the existing wall, the opposite side I'll need to fix a wall plate to the vertical side of my kitchen extension, at present I've an aluminum box section bolted to the wall supporting the poly roof so where the tiled part fits, about 1600mm I thought I could form a valley in osb and have it fibreglassed, the angle of the roof is 40' ish, any helpful hints and tips much appreciated, thankyou..

Sponsored Links
My Con roof is similar size and has 6X2" hardwood timbers. So 4X2 is a little undersize.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back