Conservatory Window Condensation - Possible Solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lean-to conservatory has top to bottom glass panels and like most people it produces a lot of condensation in the winter. So far I have installed a couple of extra trickle vents for extra ventilation. I have also had a suspended ceiling installed complete with special waterproof insulated tiles designed to help retain the heat in conservatories.
My last thought is to try and instal some kind of barrier on the glass going so far up each unit, so the light can still get in, using something like the board used for under floor heating. My idea is to use a 6mm waterproof insulated board like the ProWarm XPS Premium Board 1200mm x 600mm x 6mm. If I could fix this lightweight board between window pane using some kind of tape so I can take it away at a later date without damaging the frames etc.
Has anyone any thoughts on my idea including how to install the board without damaging the windows frames etc? Or thoughts on any similar materials I might be able use instead of the board etc. then I would appreciated them.

Sponsored Links
If its just condensation you want to reduce I have heard of a little trick.

Get 2 2l coke bottles, Fill them both with water to a few inchs from the top. Freeze them over night. Take one bottle out and place it in a bowl somewhere in the conservatory (behind a sofa or somewhere out of the way.
Switch the bottles over daily.

Condensation should go to the coldest surface, In this case the ice in the bottle and run into the bowl.

I haven't tried this personally so let me know how it gos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back