Constructionline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
we are in the process of tendering for a job, the customer has said they would prefer if we were registered with Constructionline.
Whats the pros and cons with registering with them. Anyone a member.
cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
crazyk69";p="2594431 said:
Hi
we are in the process of tendering for a job, the customer has said they would prefer if we were registered with Constructionline.
Whats the pros and cons with registering with them. Anyone a member.
cheers

Hi.Lots of paperwork to fill in.Usually used by council jobs so they know beforehand you are reputable and a good trades person,with insuaanes in place h& s good practice etc,arround £200 to join i believe
no cons really
Mark

We were members (flooring)

3 years and no work was offered, also had to get CHAS accredited which was rather disruptive and expensive...

to date - still no work!

....It seems to be a closed shop depending on your trade, in other words you will HAVE to go for it :(

Constructionline was quite easy to get for us - just a telephone interview where we were told what answers to give :eek:

CHAs took 6 months and gave me grey hair and no finger nails

I think in these current times,nothing is guaranteed. Did some tenders recently ,only to be told from the suppliers that the goods had been ordered before the closing date by another company for the said job

Sponsored Links
We have let our CL lapse far too much hassle for absolutely no return
it depends on your trade, we are an M&E Maintenance Co we were told by a long standing client that unless we registered with CL we would no longer be invited to tender for work!! :eek: apart from this one contract we have found no opportunites for M&E Maintenance at CL so this year we will take our chances! ;)

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies, got the tender through and after looking at 220 pages of 475 thought better of it, couldn'tt beleive what they were asking for, and no guarantee of the work, stick with what we are doing :)

Back