Contactor hold on contacts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I am having a blonde moment..
Can't work out how the hold on contacts on this Schneider contactor and overload combination should work.
When connected together the coil a2 is connectoed to 96 on the NC overload contact, which is fine.
But then the NO contact 14 where I want a live supply to come through and back to A1 to hold the contactor on, is also connected to 95 on the overload.
This causes a dead short through the overload live to neutral.
(240v coil). Can't get my head around how this should work?! Any ideas? :oops:

Sponsored Links
The contactor has only three contacts for the load the forth is not rated for load it's only for use as a hold on contact. You can get add on contacts to use for aux and I have used the forth for neutral, but listed as 3 N/O Contacts, plus Auxiliary Contact 1 N/O.

Sorted.. I knew it was a blonde 5 mins! :oops:
Always ever used A1 for live and A2 for neutral, this one needs A1 to be neutral! :LOL:

Glad sorted long time since I have wired three phase and I have also had those moments.

I still hate resistor, auto transformer and star/delta starters there are so many small changes to the way wired and so easy to get it wrong.

Sponsored Links
Glad sorted long time since I have wired three phase and I have also had those moments.

I still hate resistor, auto transformer and star/delta starters there are so many small changes to the way wired and so easy to get it wrong.

People not being able to fix motor control panels has kept me busy for years! TBH none of it is rocket science you "just" need to sit there draw a diagram and work it out.

Slate mounted open Contactors and face plate starters are the biggest PITA but they are getting rare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back