Control for 2 wet UFH manifolds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Vaillant Ecotec plus 624 in my Victorian semi which is zoned with a Heatmiser UH1-W
and has the following zones controlled by 2 port valves:

1 Kitchen/diner UFH (3 port manifold)
2 Lounge and hall rads - now replaced with 2 port manifold and UFH
3 Upstairs rads,
4 hot water for unvented cylinder

I have just removed the downstairs rads on zone 2 and installed UFH pipework to a new manifold which is sited just below floor level in the cellar.

I guess I could have increased the number of ports on the existing manifold but pipe runs and space would have been problematic and it was easier to use the existing 22mm flow and return which fed the rads and install the new manifold.

I have now realised that the Heatmiser wireless control unit can only control one UFH pump. Can anyone suggest a way of controlling the new UFH manifold?

Best

Angus.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I have a Vaillant Ecotec plus 624 in my Victorian semi which is zoned with a Heatmiser UH1-W
and has the following zones controlled by 2 port valves:

1 Kitchen/diner UFH (3 port manifold)
2 Lounge and hall rads - now replaced with 2 port manifold and UFH
3 Upstairs rads,
4 hot water for unvented cylinder

I have just removed the downstairs rads on zone 2 and installed UFH pipework to a new manifold which is sited just below floor level in the cellar.

I guess I could have increased the number of ports on the existing manifold but pipe runs and space would have been problematic and it was easier to use the existing 22mm flow and return which fed the rads and install the new manifold.

I have now realised that the Heatmiser wireless control unit can only control one UFH pump. Can anyone suggest a way of controlling the new UFH manifold?

Best

Angus.
Relays.

Motorised zone valve on each circuit (acts a relay at the same time) is the way most would do it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, and yes the way I did it was with zone valves on each circuit and a new Heatmiser Slimline stat which switches the valve for the new UFH circuit, the valve then calls for heat from the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back