Controlling Pyronix Enforcer via SMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my Pyronix Enforcer GSM Kit installed and am configuring it.

I have configured the GSM with my mobile number and have confirmed that the panel sends text messages out - I opened the case and received the tamper alarm via SMS.

However, I cannot get it to respond to messages I'm sending. I'm using the examples here:
http://www.pyronix.com/toolbox/GSM Enf46 Module.html

What am I missing? Is there a magic setting that is needed to enable this? The manual is very light on information related to the GSM functionality.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I take if you don't have a euro 46 panel ?
Correct, it's an Enforcer.

I also noticed that the DigiGSM is apparently supposed to forward all inbound SMS messages (although presumably not control messages) to the primary number in the phone book and this isn't working either - I sent a couple of messages from another phone and they weren't forwarded.

DigiGSM FAQ

When I get a chance I'll pop the SIM out and put it in a phone to make sure it all works correctly outside the enforcer, but I strongly suspect I have missed a setting.

Took the SIM out and put it in a phone - works fine. Put it back in the Enforcer and the system can still send messages on arm/disarm/tamper/etc. but nothing happens if I send messages to it.

Has anyone got this working?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure this works on an enforcer panel ? Not a euro 46 with gsm ?

I'm sure it works with some version of the Enforcer - it's certainly in the manuals. Right now I'm not so sure if it works with the UK version...

Not sure what to do next - I don't think Pyronix like to talk to DIYers.

Take a look at page 9 of the Enforcer export user manual.

I'm starting to think that I saw this while researching my options and got the idea that this functionality was in the UK version as well (or I just missed that there were two versions).

Oh well, if that is the case hopefully the new mobile apps they aree working on for their new Pyronix Cloud will be backwards compatible with the Enforcer, or I'll be able to add the new features to my Enforcer somehow.

I think I worked out where I got my information from, and it seems like I may not be completely wrong (or have been a bit misled by marketing).

The UK version of the DigiGSM product leaflet says this:
The Digi-GSM provides SMS text messaging for communication of alarm events, remote control and remote diagnostics for the Enforcer control panel.
The product leaflet has a FAQ that includes this:
The alarm panel SIM keeps sending marketing messages, can I stop this?
All text messages sent to the SIM in the GSM Modem will be forwarded to the Primary Mobile number programmed in the panel. This is to ensure that critical service messages are received, and will guarantee that the SIM always remains active on the network when the control panel has gone long periods of time without having to send a message.
If anyone has got this to work I would be very interested to know (even just the message forwarding part). I have reached out to the supplier who I bought the panel from and Pyronix, but would appreciate it if anyone else can help.

Cheers.

Pyronix SMS Remote Control have to tried installing there free app for android devices?

As its free nothing lost by trying it I guess, but I cant find anything to suggest that it does sms control in the manuals I have looked at.

Ask the distributor or Pyronix to confirm if your panel is actually capable.

The only references to the GSM in the UK stuff is sms, udl etc nothing on remote control by sms, but I could have missed it but looked and used pc to search through document for sms, control, gsm across user and Programming manuals.

Yeah, already gave the Android app a shot. It's actually only available on the US Google App Store so I had a friend try it for me - it still relies on SMS and doesn't give any clues about the setup of the panel. Strange that Pyronix give the export kit this functionality, but not the UK - regs, I suppose.

I guess I'm up the creek with regard to SMS remote control. I installed the Enforcer because I believed it had this functionality, so I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully I'll be able to add it later at some point as I believe they are about to release some new cloud-based monitoring system.

I still want to understand why I don't get messages forwarded to me, and why UDL PC dial-out doesn't seem to work from the panel. This is supposed to work even in the UK. Maybe I'll try another SIM.

Overall still pleased with the Enforcer kit though - especially the MC1MINI-WE wireless contacts. I was a bit worried about the gaps on some of my uPVC doors, where the sensor and contact aren't flush to each like on a timber door, but the sensor picks up the magnet up to about 2.5-3" away!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back