convert oil to gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a almost 4 year old Weil-Mclain gold series oil fired boiler. Due to the price of oil it's getting way to expensive. My local Natural gas company sent out a flyer to convert my oil to gas unit with a conversion kit. All of the companies they suggest say they'll take out my system & put in a new one they don't install a gas unit into a oil fired boiler.

I talked to a company called Wayne combustion. that makes a gas burner that replaces my Beckett oil burner. They say it would work perfectly. they said their part # 63388 is the one I need to use.I called a Plumbing & heating contractor to see about having them install the unit. They told me they wouldn't do it that it would be like replacing a hand held torch with a flamethrower.

I want to get some experienced info from you gentleman. Any help is greatly appreciated.
\
Chuck B

Sponsored Links
Oil Burners are Pressure Jet types
a Gas Burner to retro fit would be a "Blown Gas" Burner
these are VERY NOISY compared to an oil burner - so this could be an issue
the other issue is cost a blown gas burner is very expensive - and for not much more money you could have a purpose built gas fired furnace or boiler, which would be much more economical!! ;)

The local supply distributor said the cost of the unit is $560 + local tax.

So it's basically not a good idea?

Sponsored Links
If you go ahead - ask the Installer if you can visit a site where one of these burners has been fitted so you can check the noise level out for yourself ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back