Convert radiator to gas ?

HiQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see picture ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-0MjSh79VlrM1ctTlV4elNQaUk/edit?usp=sharing

I have taken this vertical rad out of my kitchen.
It was powered by electric element only (water filled).
I cannot find any makers marks.
I would like to have it plumbed into my existing gas heating system.
All the pipes are open (no baffles or blocks).
Does anyone know is that possible and if so what parts does my plumber need to convert it?
Many thanks[/url]

Sponsored Links
Look like a simply radiator, does the surface get hot?

All you need is a Thermostatic radiator valve, lockshield valve, air bleed valve and blank plugs.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
Look like a simply radiator, does the surface get hot?

All you need is a Thermostatic radiator valve, lockshield valve, air bleed valve and blank plugs.

Daniel.

It got hot when it was wired with electric element heating the water half way up the round vertical pipe.
If there is no blanking off the existing pipes, will the central heating hot water simply take the path of least resistance through that big round vertical pipe that the electric element was in?

is it made of steel, or Aluminium?

You will need to verify that you have plenty of corrosion inhibitor, some of these fancy radiators don't last.

It is steel.
Thanks-I will ensure the system is regularly dosed.

Hello
I have given up with this and decided to ask my plumber to supply/fit a new rad designed for the job.
Will just chuck the electric one.
Many thanks to all who replied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back