Converting a Flat Roof to A Pitched Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ground floor 18 ft extension which runs along the front of my house. I would like to convert this to a pitched roof for cosmetic reasons. The extension protrudes about 3 foot and I would like the pitch to run at say 45 Degrees. Bearing in mind I am only barely adequate at DIY; is this job beyond the ungifted amateur? To my simple mind I buy some special brackets from a builders merchant , attach these to the wall at regular intervals, screw 3x2 beams from bracket to edge of roof, attach lats then tile. I suppose things are never that easy . Are they???? :oops:

Sponsored Links
huggis, if this is an early april fool joke, then ha ha! seriously firstly you will need a drawing, wich will then need to go to planning for approval. once you have permission, and armed with your drawing, with all the necessary rafter/joist/purlin sizes, yes a competent carpenter and roofer could tackle the job, or, if its a truss spec. roof then i guess anyone with a hammer could install it!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back