Converting Outbuilding to Garage - Door on edge of boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've looked at the Planning Portal website and wasn't able to find anything specific, so I was hoping someone here would be able to offer advice.

I have an outbuilding that I'm not doing anything with which is large enough for a garage deep enough for 2 cars. I'd like to have it converted, which as far as structural changes go will only involve knocking in a wall and adding a garage door.

The issue I have is that the wall I would be replacing is right on the boundary and the garage would open directly onto the pavement. I know I will need to get a door that doesn't extrude from the building whilst it's opening, but would this still be allowed?

Currently we use a driveway which runs parallel to the outbuilding and opens up onto the same pavement. We would hope to block this off and convert the driveway to garden space.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Sponsored Links
You would need to apply for planning permission for a new access and a drop down kerb, assuming the pavement is higher than the road.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back