Cooker 60cm depth - is that 60cm for the full height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've bought a house and the previous owner took the cooker. The hole left is 60cm wide, 90cm high and 59.6 deep however there are some water pipes running along the wall about 15cm from the top of the hole and these take up about 4cm of the space in terms of depth.

I've been looking online at electric cookers but they all say 60cm depth, it's not obvious though if they are this deep for the full height or just at the top where the hob is.

Any idea what the norm is ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are talking cooker or ovens?
Not all appliances are the same whether it be a cooker or a oven.
But generally there is a small service area behind them, which varies brand-brand/model-model.
So difficult to answer your question, the best option in my mind, would be to by the appliance you prefer and alter the pipework if required. You can spend ages trying find an appliance that will fit, that does not require any alterations to existing services.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back