cooker hood chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused:

I am trying to fit a chimney onto a cooker hood in the kitchen. I do not understand how to place the chimney tight to the ceiling when there is a grove in the cooker hood in which the chimney sits , and the screws that hold the hood have to slip onto the screws which I have put in the correct place on the kitchen wall for the chimney to hang. Surely there is always going to be small gap between the chimney and the ceiling?

Can anyone advise. Thank you

Poops

Sponsored Links
Absolutely right! If you have to hang the hood onto screws and let it drop to the support bracket you will always have a gap of approx 5-10mm depending on the fixing bracket. This would sometimes be covered by a special collar supplied with the chimney or would normally be sealed with silicon (as would the sides against the wall).Hope that helps. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back