Cooker Hood Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install a new Integrated Cooker Hood in my ageing kitchen. It is to replace a broken AEG that has ben there since new. I have found a couple but the one sold on Screwfix has a negative comment that the width measurements of 605 because of proud carcase screws which would hamper installation between existing wall cupboards. The other one sold by a local appliance shop if made by CDA who I have never heard of but the brochure is massive and assume their pukka.
My question regards the instructions, which always mention fitting to the wall as well as adjacent cupboards. My existing one is screwed to the cupboard's only and has been OK for 25 years. I assume the reason or this is that the extractor is 27cm. depth and the cupboards are 32cm. depth hence a gap appears behind to keep the extractor flush at the front.
Is wall mounting essential and has anyone heard of CDA? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know about that particular hood but most are quite lightweight and so fixing to the cupboard sides would normally be sufficient. Those that don't go full depth will normally have some kind of sliding/adjustable plate to fill the gap on the underside of the hood to fill the gap back to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back