Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a recently installed Electrolux extractor cooker hood, Model Designation EFI 60012 S, Product No. 942 122 188. It is recycling the air through a charcoal filter.
It does not appear to be working very well and is extremely noisy. It is mounted 85cm above the gas hob.
What is the minimum distance I can mount it above the hob and is there anything I can do to reduce the noise?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately recurculating extractors are pretty ineffective & all exractor fans are noisy.

Recirculating cooker hoods are really about as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike & they don’t meet current Building Regulations for forced extraction in a kitchen. If fitting a Recirculating hood over the hob, you will need an external extractor fan (min 60 litres/second) elsewhere in the kitchen.

Minimum distance above a gas hob is 75cm I believe but you should follow the manufacturers installation instructions; all extractor fans are noisy as stated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back