cooker placement near windows question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am in the process of converting a building into an annexe but now have so many windows in the kitchen ( all approved by BC ) I don't know if I will have issues placing the cooker. Are their rules around how close a cooker can be to open windows ? I also have a roof window in the kitchen area.

Any help appreciated.
Cliff

Sponsored Links
Are their rules around how close a cooker can be to open windows ?

Can't think of any - as long as there is sufficient ventilation into the room.

(Would have thought it better if the cooker was near a window to reduce condensation-risk).

I think this has been asked before. Anyway, no rules. But place it as far away as you can - so you can open the window without burning your arm

Sponsored Links
If it's an electric hob then it can go were you like. If it has gas burners then there is an issue with the flame potentially being blown out by an open window or curtains blowing into the flame and catching fire.

IIRC, there is no actual dimension in the gas regs, but no less than 300mm from a window reveal is often mentioned as a safe distance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back