Cooper Menvier 9750 annoying alert beep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm new to the forum so please bear with me...
We inherited a Cooper Menvier alarm system with our house, together with some associated documentation for the components including the 9750 control and 9955 radio expander (RFX) receiving from a single 715r transmitter in the garage (Zone 9).
All works well apart from the fact that very occasionally the control panel will start beeping and will show 'Super Z9'. I assume this is because it has temporarily lost contact with the 715r - I say this because this happens even with new batteries in the 715r, and contact always appears to be subsequently re-established (the red spanner light goes out). Sometimes we'll go for months without this happening; sometimes it'll happen a couple of times in a day.
Anyway, my question is: is there any way to disable the alert 'beep'? It's so annoying to be woken in the middle of the night and there's not much to be done except acknowledge the fault and go back to bed...
I see from the RFX manual that removing a 'Supervision' jumper in the unit will prevent it reporting a detector fault, but ideally I'd like the fault reported but without the beeping beeps!
Any advice would e gratefully received...
Thank You

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back