Cordless screwdriver

Sponsored Links
My staff wore one out in a few weeks, so the gearbox and motor were noisy jerky and too week to undo anything or do it up.

Might last a diyer a hundred years though.

I use a hilti 14.4 volt impact driver as a screwdriver now. I do have a little Makita impact screw driver with is pretty good, and has stood the pro use test in excess of that little Bosch toy, but I only carry the hilti. I haven't had a single hilti tool fail, and I have a sea of red in my various cellars and stores.

ideal for assembling flat pack furniture and small holes in wood
nothing else :LOL:

if you want to drill holes in walls and masonery the you need a hammer drill
have a look at ryobi
http://ryobi-oneplus.co.uk/index/flash/p/12
you can get a starter kit for around £100 with 2 tools 2 batts and charger that will fit all 30 off the tools for home and garden

Sponsored Links
Are the following brands all in the same quality as each other
silverline, draper, dewalt, ryobi, black and decker, bosch ?

Are the following brands all in the same quality as each other
silverline, draper, dewalt, ryobi, black and decker, bosch ?

0 to 10 silverline 1 draper 3 bxd 5 bosch green 6 ryobi 8 dewalt 9 bosch blue 10

1 to 5 diy 6 to 8 light to medium trade 9/10 heavy trade use

By the way how do you rank the aftersales of each of the company? I mean is there any company if something goes wrong they will provide a quick replacement?

Bosch have a 5-day turnaround guarantee on their Blue (professional) gear - you call them one day, a van appears the next to collect, they have your tool on days three and four for assessment and repair or replacement, and on day five either the repaired tool or a new one is returned to you. Three year warranty too :D

I used to own a few DeWalt tools before I became wiser (they all broke down a lot and eventually went in the skip). It was quite normal to be kept waiting for 2 - 3 weeks, and they wouldn't collect it either, you had to take it back to where you got it from. Utter rubbish by comparison

Thanks eveyone. After reading this i am thinking of going for the Bosch GSR 10.8v Cordless screwdriver.
Anyone got any opinion about it? Or better suggestion?

Thanks eveyone. After reading this i am thinking of going for the Bosch GSR 10.8v Cordless screwdriver.
Anyone got any opinion about it? Or better suggestion?

fantastic tool for the size but wont drill masonery you need 14.4 or 18 volt for that

just make shure the kit you look at has batteries and charger anything below £100 may be naked
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/72589...SR 10.8-2-Li 10.8V Li-Ion Drill Driver - Bare

full kit for £20 more
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p94420

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back