COST ESTIMATE - SUPPLY AND FIT UV CYLINDER AND SYSTEM BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Once our renovations are complete we have a 4 bed bungalow, with 2 en suite shower rooms and a family bathroom.

We currently have a WB Greenstar 30CDi combi located in the middle of the bungalow.

We plan to have the Combi removed and a 250lt/300lt UV Cylinder plus System boiler installed in our Garage.

The mains pipe is being upgraded to 25mm this week in readiness for the above.

We live in Surrey, so please could anybody advise on an APPROXIMATE COST of:
1. stripping out the existing Combi and pipework then making good.
2. to supply and fit UV cylinder and System Boiler;
3. install a secondary HW return?

Many Thanks,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan,

At this early stage I was looking at a very broad estimate. i.e 3-4k, 4-5k etc.....to the nearest thousand.

I plan to get BG to do a survey once the main pipe work has been completed.

Thanks,
Paul

3000-100,000.

Somewhere between i imagine.
As Dan says, it needs someone on site.

Sponsored Links
rather than 25mm pipe, consider 32mm. The cost of pipe is not much more, and labour will be the same.

The 32mm stopcock is quite expensive, though.

Why get rid of a perfectly good boiler. Just add an extra zone to your heating circuit for your cylinder and maybe just run your kitchen sink off the combi side of your boiler.

Just what I was thinking!

Any independent will reconfigure your system to add the unvented cylinder operating off the existing boiler which is relatively modern.

Getting British Gas to understand what is required may be more difficult.

Tony

rather than 25mm pipe, consider 32mm. The cost of pipe is not much more, and labour will be the same.

The 32mm stopcock is quite expensive, though.

Maximum size south east water will couple up to a domestic property is 25mm

Thats a bit naughty.

Presumably thats at the connection point and after that you can have what you like!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back