Cost for re-tiling front of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone just give me a rough indication as to the cost to re-tile the front of my house please.
There are no complications but i guess there may be a need to re-batton.

Unfortunately, its a classic 70s style property when tiling was all the rage and its pretty drab these days so i am looking into the possibility of sprucing it up a bit.

Is there a cost "rule of thumb" that i can use to multiply by the sqr meterage for the labour if i sourced and supplied the tiles ?

Any replies are appreciated.

rgds,
Sean

Sponsored Links
crystal-ball.jpg

Need sizes/pictures mate

thanks for the reply

i will try to find a picture and then get the wife to measure up and then reply later today all being well.

Sponsored Links
As requested, here is a photo of the front of the house.......

View media item 15223
Dimensions of the tiled area are evidently 216" wide by 170" high (to the highest point)

Look forward to getting an idea of what sort of cost we're talking about.

thanks in advance

If you are refurbishing greater than 25% of the buildings' thermally accountable structure then (according to b.c. law) you are required to upgrade the insulation to latest reg's.

Disregarding the above for now do you intend re-using the tiles or using new?

If new, expect quotes to start at around 2.5k.

Hi noseall - thanks for the reply

As you can see from the photo, the tiles are pretty drab looking so it would be a replacement of the tiles that i would source myself.

Frankly, the fronts of these houses seem very badly insulated so i would hope they didnt count towards the thermal accountability of the structure as they seem to add zilch !

My thoughts were to remove tiles myself, and then get it re-battoned (if they are a rotten) and add some insulation and then re-tiled.

With this in mind, do you still think we are talking 2.5k for someone to possibly re-batton and tile it ?

If so, how long do you think it would take ?
It seems a huge amount for what seems like a relatively small area.

Thanks,
Sean

Have you thought about cladding the font? I'm not talking about nasty white or brown cladding.

Deceuninck's Belface comes in 34 colours with 6 different wood colours. They are 6 metre lengths too so no joins for your house. :cool:

Hanging tiles :idea: All the rage in Sussex since 1770 :rolleyes: cladding, schmadding :LOL:

£200 to re-finish in acrylic roof coating. Despite many negative reports about roof coating by cowboys see these, they were done over 5 years ago.

The stone effect had 3" insulation and then hand carved limestone finish.

As you can see I collect this kind of info off the web. I did my own facia tiles in dark red 5 years ago. still looks good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back