Cost of ceiling replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to water leak I have some damage to my lounge. I need to replace a ceiling including skimming it measures 6 x 4 metres & skim two walls roughly 8 metres

Had the insurance company out to assess and quote for damage. Just want to check fair quote given.

Sponsored Links
Replace a ceiling ? You mean re-board and plaster? All that with two blokes probably three days at most if they are disposing of what's currently damaged as well. Depends on the plaster's day rate. Could range from £100-300 a day depending on who you get and whether they work with a mate (this is labour excluding materials). Depends on where you are... in London that work could top you a grand.

Sponsored Links
What it really boils down to is that you have a good job done at a fair price. As in all trades there's poor, intermediate and good tradesmen you're difficulty is in finding a good tradesman.
What's the size of the hole/ bow in the ceilng in my experience it's not usually necessary to replace the whole ceiling nor necessarily skim the whole ceiling either.
Of course I'm saying this without seeing it. It will take two men two days minimum.

Back