Cost of getting out of the ground.... 6x7m garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Can anyone advise me what I should expect to pay for ground works/building to get my garage out of the ground.

Assuming 450x500 strip foundations, 6x7m garage, 280 brick(total)(3 course) high dwarf wall. All access is easy(next to road), site is level already.

I'm in the SW if that affects costs at all. Its for an oak framed garage to sit on.

I've ZERO idea of what this might cost, I've ran through concrete costs etc.

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Price is dependant on a number of things and without seeing the job I can't really give you an accurate price but if for example everything is straight forward you'd be looking around the 5k mark that's what I'd charge in the west midlands

Thanks for that. I've been told 4 - 4.5days. How do you price per day etc?

Sponsored Links
A typical building project would command about 1/5th of the overall cost of the building work, to get it completed up to dpc.
However, if there are a multitude of drains or if the foundations are excessively deep etc, then the cost will be higher.

Pricing will vary greatly, so guessing on here is pointless.

I'm half way through a similar scale project (except using concrete blocks). No idea on the costs if you get a company in to do it, my costs so far up here have been; (This for 9m x 7m)
Trench- 350mm wide x 900 below ground level dig, 30 metres ish total
Plus remove 250mm inside walls (depth for hardcore/concrete floor)
Minidigger and driver £200
5 x skips £535
Concrete 450 wide x 250 deep came to about 3.2 cubic metres- £450
Hardcore- 16 tons to backfill trenches and build floor up by 125mm £350
Plus an aching back and a whacker plate for a day (spread 25mm, compact, repeat) £35. If your BCO will let you use crushed brick etc rather than insisting on fresh then you'll get the stuff cheaper.
TO DO (so these are budget figures)
2 tons blinding sand and another day with the compactor £100
A roll of heavy duty DPM £25
5.6 cubic metres of concrete for the floor- £850
Shuttering- not sure that 7m x 9m x 100mm in a single pour is wise or achievable- probably do it in 6 squares so there's going to be some faffing going on there.

But back to your scheme- out of the ground EXCLUDING finishing the floor has cost me so far £1570 plus blocks (65p each) and a bricklayer for a day (£100) and mortar, sand etc. Add another £1000 for the floor and there you go.

And £200 for the building notice

Oh yes, setting out is fun- getting a rectangle above ground is relatively easy, when you're stuck in a trench it gets less so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back