Cost of upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

How much should 6 windows and 2 doors cost in upvc?

I am just after a ball park figure to get a feel as to whether I can afford these before I waste peoples time getting a quote.

all windows are circa 1m x 1m

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers

I just bought a really good second hand car for £600.00

I thought they would be more

Sponsored Links
Yea getting quotes for windows and doors is one of the most stressful things you can do. I wanted a new front door and got the usual companies round safestyle, crystal etc as they will not give you a quote over the phone or online. You get some hard selling idiot who won't take no for an answer and you have to pretty much push them out your house.

I think you are looking closer to 4K maybe 3-4k.

£638.28p

Any more then you should ask that they wear a mask. Any less then they're crap.

I would guess 500 a window and 800 a door. That takes you to £4200. A bit more if you have lots of openers or want fancy imitation sash, or if access is difficult

You can get standard sizes in Wickes.

I would guess 500 a window and 800 a door. That takes you to £4200. A bit more if you have lots of openers or want fancy imitation sash, or if access is difficult

You can get standard sizes in Wickes.
Safestyle quote,after a lot of haggling worked out at £350 a window for 180cm x 105cm and 11 of them.
That was 3 months ago and they have been trying ever since to secure a sale.
litl

Avoid the big company's like the plague. Go to local firms, Preferably with recommendations from friends, family and Facebook.

Hi Thanks for the sensible replies.

I had a bad experience with one of the big companies 15 years ago, cant remember which one but the guy was in my house 4h and what started as a massive price dropped down to a quarter of the start price but i just wanted him gone by then.

I will definitely be using a local company and at 2500 to 4500 its about there

The guy from crystal I can't remember what the start price was around the 4K mark I think (just for a front door) the conversation went like this

Him - this week only tho we can take that to 3k are you interested?
Me - No
Him - ok if you allow us to stick a board at the front of your property for 4 weeks we can knock £500 more off interested?
Me - No
Him - oh I also forgot you get a recycling discount of your old front door that's another £250 off interested?
Me - No
Him - ok I can see you want a good deal let me make the call to my manager who can give special offers on top of all the above...

Ring ring ring.... he chats to someone

Him - ok very good news my manager says I can add a special manager discount today only which is £400 but that's bending his arm, interested?
Me - No, please leave
Him - hang on let me ring him again he doesn't like to lose a customer

Ring ring ring.... chatting again

Him - ok he said he can change that £400 to £500 but that is a rock bottom price and the best deal possible EVER... interested?
Me - when I called crystal I made it clear I wanted just a quote so I will take the price you said and think about it
Him - no no no no if you don't take this here and now you will not get this price it's a one time only, if I have to come back it won't ever be this cheap again.
Me - bye
Him - repeats pretty much everything he has said previously
Me - bye
Him - shall I give you 5 mins to think about it before you sign?
Me - bye, walking towards door
Him - so we have a deal you want it?
Me - bye push him out door slam door.

Not what you asked, so apologies for that, but is it worth checking the cost of local firms making hardwood windows? In my experience they can be of a comparable price, and have some advantages.

The guy from crystal I can't remember what the start price was around the 4K mark I think (just for a front door) the conversation went like this

Him - this week only tho we can take that to 3k are you interested?
Me - No
Him - ok if you allow us to stick a board at the front of your property for 4 weeks we can knock £500 more off interested?
Me - No
Him - oh I also forgot you get a recycling discount of your old front door that's another £250 off interested?
Me - No
Him - ok I can see you want a good deal let me make the call to my manager who can give special offers on top of all the above...

Ring ring ring.... he chats to someone

Him - ok very good news my manager says I can add a special manager discount today only which is £400 but that's bending his arm, interested?
Me - No, please leave
Him - hang on let me ring him again he doesn't like to lose a customer

Ring ring ring.... chatting again

Him - ok he said he can change that £400 to £500 but that is a rock bottom price and the best deal possible EVER... interested?
Me - when I called crystal I made it clear I wanted just a quote so I will take the price you said and think about it
Him - no no no no if you don't take this here and now you will not get this price it's a one time only, if I have to come back it won't ever be this cheap again.
Me - bye
Him - repeats pretty much everything he has said previously
Me - bye
Him - shall I give you 5 mins to think about it before you sign?
Me - bye, walking towards door
Him - so we have a deal you want it?
Me - bye push him out door slam door.

Pretty much how it goes, this site explains in more detail the workings

http://www.thewindowman.co.uk/sales-person.htm

Haha yea that is pretty much what happened. In the end I used a website which I submitted rough measurements to and select my door type they then send round a qualified fitter to take detail measurements with the price already agreed and come back 3 weeks later and fit it for just under a grand in the end (composite door)

yep indeed and they have to be competitive because they price there and then on their website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back