Could this vent tile be letting in rain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, in desperation I'm wondering if you can give me a steer on this. I've got rain getting into my roof void. Could this be the culprit - is it missing a cover? Thx for your advice.

Sponsored Links
It certainly looks to be missing a cover - but I don`t know what make it is :oops: . More experienced roofers may be able to identify it and know if you can retro fit the cover . I would , personally just make a sheet lead cover and slide it into place under the slates - but I could make one to fit with a grille in the front etc. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone for your replies. The roof has been in place for several years so I think the vent tile must have always been like this. We've only recently started getting a substantial amount of water infiltrating so maybe this isn't the problem after all.

The tile pictured is at the foot of the front aspect of a dormer fitted into a pitched roof. You can see the flashing just above the vent. The flat roof of the dormer above is in fairly poor condition and water pools up there.

If there was sufficient build up of water on the roof and enough then rushed over the edge in one go, could that force it through the vent grill?

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back